Federal Telephone & Telegraph Company steel straight shaft.

1912

model
straight shaft (Federal Telephone & Telegraph Company)
manufacturer
Federal Telephone & Telegraph Company
condition
Excellent, original condition

About

Century Telephone Construction Company was established in Cleveland, Ohio in 1899 and moved to Buffalo, NY in 1902.  Sometime thereafter Century Telephone changed its name to Federal Telephone & Telegraph Company.  In 1907 it acquired The Williams-Abbott Electric Company.  Federal remained in business until sold in 1956 to International Telephone & Telegraph (ITT). This is a very simple lightweight design made of steel. This particular version has a great "Federal" marked transmitter and the base has the "Century" tag on it. Federal continued to manufacture and brand both the Federal and Century names on identical telephones until about 1913. Scans are from various Federal catalogs from 1912 - 1922.

Gallery

Interested in our Collection?
Have Information to Contribute?